Friday, December 28, 2012

Autodesk Maya: Rigging

So for the past week I've taken a break from making games, playing games and overall being social. I focused primarily on rigging. I've learned A LOT since I started. I know how to set up constraints, set-up IKs, set controls, restrictions, paint weights, and a proper way to compose a skeleton, etc.

I took a break from rigging my monster and started rigging my friend's because, yes I'm a cheater, his was already weight painted. It's undoubtedly the most important thing in rigging, but I don't really like it. It takes patience and a lot of troubleshooting, which I did not want to do just so that I can cram other techniques into this study session. Here's a shot from his rig setup mid-walk animation.

The model has 2 Foot IKs to act as a goat's leg and keep it from messing up and the hands have full finger controls!
This was my first full on rig and although it has some issues, I learned a lot from it and will now go on to rig MY monster, Tank. Not too soon, I think it's time to rest and play some games at least until the new year hits :D

No comments:

Post a Comment